Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Crate Paper | Happy Together

I always love to create layouts, that include my favorite things!  Those favorite things include, hand-stitching, wood grain, my Silhouette Cameo, and the Crate Paper Chasing Dreams collection by Maggie Holmes!  This layout came together just as I envisioned it and it was quick and easy.


I started this layout by drawing a large ampersand with the Silhouette Sketch Pens on a wood grain paper.  Then I stitched over the lines with a dark Pink embroidery floss.  I wanted to add my photo and embellishments inside the ampersand shape, so I placed my photo first.


Next, I started adding a mix of embellishments from the Chasing Dreams collection to the layout.  I mixed chipboard, ephemera pieces, stickers, and buttons to fill in all of the space inside the ampersand.  I love the look of the bright colors from the collection, against the wood grain background!


What are some of your favorite things to do or use on a layout?  I always feel so much more creative when I'm working with techniques and products, that I really love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment